Nelson Mandela. He is considered one of the greatest men to ever live in this world. Mandela was the first Black South African president and Nobel peace prize winner.
Here is a good description from Wikipedia.
“Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (18 July 1918 – 5 December 2013) was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader, and philanthropist, who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He was the country’s first black head of state and the first elected in a fully representative democratic election. His government focused on dismantling the legacy of apartheid by tackling institutionalized racism and fostering racial reconciliation. Ideologically an African nationalist and socialist, he served as President of the African National Congress (ANC) party from 1991 to 1997.” – Wikipedia
Nelson Mandela left a long-lasting legacy from his devotion to creating a united South Africa and as a selfless individual. I have personally learned a lot from his life. Here are my top 16 quotes. Number 11 is the best.
17 Nelson Mandela Motivation and Inspiration Quotes
- “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up”
- “Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world.” Nelson Mandela
- “We must strive to be moved by a generosity of spirit that will enable us to outgrow the hatred and conflicts of the past.”
- “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than it’s opposite”
- “When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.” Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Motivational Quotes
- “It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mineworker can become the head of the mine.”
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear”
- “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language that goes to his heart.”
- “To be a father of a nation is a great honor, but to be the father of a family is a greater joy. But it was a joy I had far too little of”
- “As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.” Nelson Mandela
- “Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apartheid, it is man-made and can be removed by the actions of human beings.” Nelson Mandela
- “What counts is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” Nelson Mandela
- “I never lose. I either win or learn.” Nelson Mandela
- “It is what we make out of what we have given, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.” Nelson Mandela
- “When people are determined they can overcome anything.” Nelson Mandela
- “Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another.” Nelson Mandela
- “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
Don’t judge your destiny with your current situation. If it is possible for some, it is also possible for you.
There are so many other people in the world who want the same thing as you. They are not sleeping to achieve it. So you cannot afford to have excuses not to give it all. We don’t get what we want; we get what we have to have.
Leave a comment below with your best lessons from Nelson Mandela.
Go ahead and do it. Make it work now. Create your life.