Cabinet Secretaries Reshuffle 2019
The Cabinet Secretaries reshuffle has seen Principal Secretaries and Cabinet Secretaries retain their positions while others have been moved to other sectors.
In March 2019, President Uhuru Kenyatta reshuffled the Kenyan Cabinet Secretaries. This was as a move to have a representation of all Counties in the Kenyan Cabinet.
The reshuffle was preceded by a meeting between President Uhuru and former Prime Minister Hon. Raila Odinga in January 2019. In 2018, the two leaders shook hands and marked a beginning in Kenyan politics.
This “Handshake” was to enable the President to continue with the goal of achieving the “Big Four Agenda”.
Below are the new Cabinet Secretaries.
List of CS in the new Cabinet Secretaries Reshuffle.
Newly Appointed Cabinet Secretary
- Prof George Magoha – State Department of Education
Reshuffled Cabinet Secretaries
- Amina Mohamed – Moved from Stated Department of Education to State Department of Sports, Culture, and Heritage
Sacked Cabinet Secretaries
- Richard Echesa – Sacked from the State Department of Sports, Culture, and Heritage
Reshuffled Principal Secretaries
- Susan Mochache – moved from Environment to the Health Ministry.
- Peter Kiplagat Tum – re-assigned to State Department of Labour from Ministry of Environment.
- Ali Noor Ismail – re-assigned to the State Department of cooperatives
- Ibrahim Mohammed – moved from Mining to the State Department of Environment and Forestry
- Margaret Mwakima – moved from Natural resources to State Department of East African Community Affairs
- Susan Koech – re-assigned to the State Department of Wildlife from East African Community Affairs
Sacked Principal Secretaries
- Fatuma Hirsi – PS for Information, Broadcasting, and Telecommunications