6 Female Governors and Senators in Kenya
Table of Contents
Is your county home to any of the Six Female Governors and Senators? If yes who?
After the 2017 general elections, Six Women made history in the Kenya political scene by becoming the first Female Governors and Senators. These impressive women battled it out with their male competitors only to win the top political seats by impressive vote’s margins.
3 Female Governors in Kenya
- Dr. Joyce Laboso – Bomet County (Narc Party)
- Hon. Anne Waiguru – Kirinyaga County (Jubilee Party)
- Hon. Charity Ngilu – Kitui County (Narc Party)
Hon. CharityNgilu emerged victorious after a heated race with David Musila and former governor Julius Malombe. Ms. Anne Waiguru beat her closest rival and longtime politician Hon. Martha Karua while Hon. Joyce Laboso floored former Governor and Chama Cha Mashinani party leader Hon. Isaac Ruto.
Female Senators in Kenya Counties 2019
- Prof. Margaret Kamar – Uasin Gishu County (Jubilee Party)
- Hon. Susan Kihika – Nakuru County (Jubilee Party)
- Hon. Fatuma Adan Dullo – Isiolo (FDR party)
In the Senatorial Race, Ms. Susan Kihika was voted in as the Nakuru Senator after garnering about 89% of the votes cast. Jubilee Party aspirant Professor Margaret Kamar beat her closest rival Robert Kimei to clinch the Uasin Gishu seat. And, Fatuma Dullo joined the pack after winning the Isiolo County senatorial race.
Related Articles from Bilichi Kenya just for you
- How to Make Kshs 10,000 Per day
- Simple Guide: How to Start a Blog with WordPress and Make Money 2019
- How to Win SportPesa, Shabiki and BetIn jackpot
- 50 Ways to Make Money Online 24/7 in Kenya
- Get unsecured loans in less than 3 minutes
- Bilichi on Twitter
- List of Governors, Senators, Women Reps and Capitals of the 47 Counties in Kenya
- Full List of 47 Counties in Kenya and their Devolved Functions
- Kenyan Cabinet Reshuffle: List of New CS in Kenya 2019
- How to make Kshs 5000 in a Day in Kenya
Featured Image from Citizen TV Blog