In the heart of the great Maasai Mara is Serena Safari lodge, a place of many peoples dreams and the home of Migrating wildebeests. Maasai Mara Serena Safari lodge covers about 1800 square kilometers of the savannah plains at an altitude of 1625 meters above sea level.
The Serena Lodge in the Mara is one of the most popular and the best performing hotel run by Serena, a hospitality group that owns a number of luxury lodges in Kenya. We previously covered Amboseli Lodge run by Serena also.
Maasai Mara Serena Safari Lodge is located in the South west part of Kenya. Below is a snapshot of a map representation of Maasai Mara Safari Lodge location.
Below is the location of the lodge in the Kenyan Map.
Attractions at Maasi Mara
Table of Contents
Experience unforgettable experiences at Maasai Mara Serena Safari lodge that will keep your moods vibrant and ones you will live to remember. Some of them are sampled below:
- The Great wonder of the Wildebeests migration.
Here is a short video on Wilderbeast Migration in the Mara:
- Maisha Safari spa and gym and extensive range of safari spa treatments.
- Game viewing of the ‘Big Five’ (Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, leopard and Rhino)’
Below is amini documentary on Mara’s big 5:
- Hot air Balloons rides over the underlying savannah grasslands. Hot air balloons go for as high as $410 for adults and about $300 for persons under the age of 12.
- Maasai Culture Activities: Maasais are known for their high jump dances and as you navigate the Mara, you’ll find professional dancers and entertainers that can offer you great dances at a small fee.
- Captivating Hikes.
Mara Serena Safari Lodge offers accommodation to all its guests and you can choose from various room types depending on how much you want to pay. This lodge is considered among the luxury lodges in the Mara and rooms can go as high as $300 per night. You can use the links below to check the current cost of accommodation per night.
How to get to Maasai Mara Serena Safari Lodge
You can get to Mara Serena Safari Lodge by air or by road. You can drive yourself to Mara Serena Safari Lodge or you can get hire a taxi to take you from Nairobi.
You can also use public means and you’ll have to take a bus at Nairobi Railways bus terminal but you’ll have to get off in Narok and find another bus from Narok to Maasai Mara. This will take you up to 10 hours to arrive.
The trip to Maasai Mara Serena safari lodge takes anything from 5 hours to 7 hours depending on which camp has been booked for the tourist’s stay.
|Bus Drive from Nairobi
|Drive from Nairobi
Air transport is faster but is more expensive. You’ll have to take a flight from Wilson Airport in Nairobi and you’ll alight at the airstrip in the Mara where Serena will pick you up with their hotel vans. Below are the flight prices from Nairobi to Maasai Mara Serena Safari lodge:
|Nairobi-Maasai Mara lodge
|Nairobi -Mara Lodge
Rooms and Amenities
Total Number of Rooms in Maasai Mara Serena Safari Lodge-75
- 8 sets of inter-connecting rooms.
- 1 suite (the mara suite).
- 28 Double rooms (king size beds).
- 38 twin rooms.
- 8 triple rooms (on request basis)
- Private balcony.
- Ceiling fans
- Mosquito Net.
- Dining room.
- Sitting area.
- Deep soaking tub.
- In room dining (limited hours).
- Coffee maker.
- Luxury bedding.
- Shower and tub combination.
- Childcare in rooms telephone.
- Picnic viewing-Maasai mara safari lodge, having the largest bird and over 450 species of birds, is best suited for picnic viewing.
- Cultural Tours -The dominant culture in the lodge are the Maasai people. Maasai people portray the African way of life in the best way here.
- Horse back safaris-The best nature walks and picnic viewing are through horse riding. Tourists are able to feel the breeze and capture the landscape of the savannah rolling plains.
- The great Wildebeests Migration Viewing.
- Hot Air balloon safaris over the savannah grassland rolling plains.
How to book
|Book with TripAdvisor
|Book with Booking.com
|Book on Serena’s website
|East Africa Residents Offer
|Migration trails air package
|View all offers
For more information, kindly get in touch with us through;
- Postal Address-P. O BOX Maasai Mara NarokKenya.
- Mobile Number-+(254-050)22137.
- Telephone number-+(254-050)22253.